Responsible use of the Internet
South View Community Primary School’s rules for responsible use of the Internet.
Our school has computers and ipads with Internet access which our children regularly use to help their learning. The following rules help to keep us and everyone around us safe:
- I will only use my given login and password.
- I will not access other people’s files unless given permission to collaborate with them.
- I will only use the computers for schoolwork and homework.
- I will not bring CDs or memory sticks into school without permission from my teacher.
- I will ask permission from a member of staff before using the Internet.
- The messages I send will be polite and sensible.
- I will not give out any personal details without my parents’ or teacher’s permission.
- I will not arrange to meet anyone I have met on the Internet.
- I will tell a teacher if I see anything I am unhappy with or that makes me feel uncomfortable.
- I understand that the school can check my computer files and the Internet sites that I visit.
- I understand that if I deliberately break these rules, I could be stopped from using the Internet or computers.