Year 5 Remote Learning
What does Remote Learning look like at South View?
We know you must be worried that Remote Education will involve your child being glued to a computer screen all day, but we are keen that this doesn’t become the case and have looked carefully at a balanced approach.
The aim of education is to deliver a high-quality curriculum so that pupils know more and remember more. Remote education is one way of doing this. Currently, we are providing a range of learning opportunities:
- Some live recordings of sessions WHERE APPROPRIATE (phonics, reading stories etc)
- Some live sessions, of marking, feedback, book reading, run through of weekly tasks etc
- Signposts to Live Lessons (and recorded) from other approved sources i.e. Oak Academy, White Rose, BBC etc
- A selection of paper-based booklets
- Set practical activities and practise tasks
- Assignments etc via TEAMS.
Useful websites for remote learning: